Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Driving

The trip from the doctors office home was not fun. i called michelle first. She knew I was going to the office, she is the one who got me to go, she knows diabetes because of her ex. I was bawling... I don't know what I said, just that she was able to calm me down a bit. I called my mom, but we weren't able to talk then. I called my sister, my boss, my dad. I cried the whole time, and smoked. I'm probably lucky to have made it home in one piece.


When I got home, I changed and tried to pack things for ivy. What do you pack when you know you are about to change your daughters life in a negative way? What can you pack to make her feel better, to not hurt? Nothing. So I packed pajamas for both of us, the stuffed animals she was most attached to at the time, her blankie. And then I waited for Nathan to come pick me up.


When he got there, I got in the car. This poor little girl, who hadn't seem her patents go somewhere together in a year, thought we were going somewhere fun. I explained to her that we wanted to make sure she was healthy, and Dr. Amy's office was closed, so we had to go where there were doctors. I didn't want to tell her we were going to the hospital. I knew she'd be beyond scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment